How heavy can your luggage on British be? What is the limitation of size of luggage on British? What if the weight is over the allowance? Check this article and you’ll have idea about all the questions.
Checked luggage of British Airlines:
(Euro Traveller, World Traveller)
| 32* |
|90 x 75 x 43 cm|
| Premium Economy|
(World Traveller Plus)
|2||23 per||90 x 75 x 43 cm|
| Business Class|
(Club Europe, Club World, Club World London City)
|2||32 per||90 x 75 x 43 cm|
|First Class||3||32 per||90 x 75 x 43 cm|
- Every passenger under 12 years old has two free luggage allowance for pushchair, car seat, travel cot, or carry hardness including Basic fare.
- *for flight between London to Doha
- **for flight between specific destinations
- Flights to/from Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria
- Flights between Europe and Japan
- Connecting between Islamabad and USA/Bermuda/Canada
- Connecting between India and USA/Bermuda/Canada
- Journeys originating in Saudi Arabia to USA/Bermuda/Canada and the return journey to Saudi Arabia
- Journeys originating in Kuwait to the British Airways network and the return journey to Kuwait
- ***for other flight
- The overweight luggage should be checked in at the airport and charged for €75 per.
Cabin luggage of British Airlines:
|For All|| 1 |
+1 small bag
|Up to 23kg per|| 56 x 45 x 25 cm |
40 x 30 x 15 cm(small bag)
|Infant(under 2)||1||Up to 23kg||56 x 45 x 25 cm|
Sport equipment can be seen as checked luggage in British Airlines. The weight should meet the ticket fare you purchased. You can choose to buy more weight allowance to fit your equipment. Or, you can choose to make it a specific cargo, and it should under 23kg. the dimensions limitation is 190 x 75 x 65cm except for the bicycle limitation for 190 x 95 x 65cm.
Musical instruments which are seen as cabin luggage should be smaller than the dimensions of 80 x 45 x 25cm. That is to said, you can bring one small bag like laptop and one small musical instrument on board. Make sure that it is put inside a hard case.
Musical instrument under the dimensions of 140 x 50 x 40cm can enter the British Airlines cabin. However, you need to buy it an extra seat.
In other situations, you need to check in your musical instrument, and the limitation of dimensions are 190 x 75 x 65cm, and it should under 45kg.
On British Airlines, you can pack your wedding outfit in your checked luggage. Your bridal shop may give you some suggestion to pack it.
On long haul flights, you can ask the cabin crew to hang your wedding outfit; however, there is no more space for short haul flights.